Essential oils’ unique features are that they:
- Pass easily through our skin and cells membranes.
- Diffuse through the entire body within half an hour.
- Go directly to the brain through the olfactory bulb.
- Affect our feelings and thoughts because smell is our most emotional sense.
- Perform multiple functions because of their structural complexity.
But essential oils also have a complex chemical structure, designed and produced by nature, which makes the use of essential oils uniquely economical! For example, when lavender oil is applied to a wound, over sore muscles, a broken bone, or a burn, it can support the body’s natural self-healing processes in all those areas. Or it might stimulate the immune system or balance blood pressure, or relieve a tension headache, or help you go to sleep.
And finally, essential oils can affect us just through their subtle energy. They have a presence that touches us deeply, and can change our feelings and our thoughts in an instant. This you have to experience to believe!
© copyright 2002-2007 younglivingworld.com